A beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out . (Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet.)
Originally, the term alpha test meant the first phase of testing in a software development process. The first phase includes unit testing, component testing, and system testing. Beta testing can be considered as a pre-release testing.
Most of the companies such as Huawei,Xiaomi hire Beta testers who do the job and reports the result to the company before the release of the software to the public.
By this way the users are also included in the development process making the system more User Friendly. By the Intervention of more users in the process, the User requirements as well as user satisfaction is maintained
Now we are moving on to the topic. Recently, Huawei in India started their Beta Testing Program – which is a customer centric program and 100s of common users joined the Beta User community to test the pre-release updates before it goes over the air to the General Public.
It was a great success and so this time, the company is targeting a large number of aspiring Honor lovers to test the pre-release EMUI software for the devices Honor 4X, 4C, 6, 6+ and 7.
Presently, the beta testing is continuing on EMUI 3.1 based on Lollipop and the upcoming release of EMUI named as EMUI 4.0 based on Marshmallow is scheduled on from early 2016 for all the devices (Honor 4X, 4C, 6, 6+ and 7) for the general public, while the priority users (usually called as Beta testers) will be getting it early.
The new recruiting process is undergoing now and any user with a Honor 4X/4C/6/6+ and Honor 7 device can apply for joining the Beta testing community.
Joining the Honor Beta testing Community is simple. Just send an email with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Device Model Number
- IMEI Details
- Email ID
- Contact Number
- Postal Address
- Local languages Known(Read/Write/Speak)
After sending the application, you will get a reply mail with an NDA Form that you have to read, agree and confirm it by duly signing on it and replying it to the same mail.
The Official recruitment Notification from the Honor Beta Testing Program is shown below. Also, the best part is that, there are reward and prices for the Top beta Users.
Some of the Group rules to be part of BETA test as communicated by Honor team are:
- Report issues only to email@example.com as issues reported on elsewhere will not be considered at all.
- Being a special team members includes few major responsibilities which he/she needs to follow.
- Responsibility of India Beta Team members:
– Flash scheduled updates as informed and report bugs to Indiabeta@huawei.com
– Discuss and confirm bugs reported on groups which are reported by others and give solution if you know.
– Do not Post any Wrong information, unwanted post not related to Honor Devices to this group and anybody found violating will be removed from this group.
- While reporting any Issue to mail id please care about:
Details such as SCREENSHOT/LOGS/VIDEO/USER ACTIONS in DETAIL. Issues reported without these details will not be considered or fixed.
- Follow the details of BETA releases, Upgrade path, Change Logs and other information on https://www.facebook.com/groups/honorbeta/
- The person who report more valid issue will be consider Honored beta user and will have more opportunity to win gifts.